Accounts Payable Specialist
Groome Industrial Service Group is a growing company located in Fairfield, NJ, providing specialty maintenance services nationwide for several industries including natural gas-fired power generation, shipping, manufacturing, pharmaceutical and aerospace.
Reporting to the Controller, the ideal candidate for Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for the end-to-end accounts payable function for one of Groome’s subsidiaries. This is a full-time non-exempt, temp-to-permanent position.
- Enter vendor invoices.
- Upload credit card transactions to the company’s general ledger weekly.
- Identify missing credit card receipts and notify employees.
- Review credit card transactions for compliance with the company’s Travel Policy.
- Record journal entries to the company’s general ledger as needed.
- Prepare and process weekly check run; assemble supporting documentation for review and approval.
- Pay online bills.
- Monitor AP aging to ensure payments are processed timely.
- Set up new vendors.
- Maintain the 1099 vendor worksheet.
- Respond to vendor and field inquiries.
- Support outside audits.
- Ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Knowledge and familiarity with basic accounts payable functions and related systems required
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving capabilities
- Adjust easily to change, and learns quickly
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Must have excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to: email@example.com
Salary based on experience.
Groome Industrial Service Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer