Bilingual Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Groome Industrial Service Group is a growing company headquartered in Fairfield, NJ, providing specialty maintenance services nationwide for several industries including natural gas- fired power generation, shipping, manufacturing, pharmaceutical and aerospace. We are looking for a bi-lingual Environmental Health and Safety Specialist to work with internal and external stakeholders to provide a safe environment and to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local rules and regulations.
The EHS Specialist reports directly to the EHS Manager. The position requires someone who is motivated, creative, passionate, and capable of thinking ‘outside the box.’ The core objectives for this position are:
- Develop and inspire safety vigilance among the work
- Build relationships that inspire cooperative safety
- Make frequent field site visits to conduct inspections/audits that assess EHS performance and provide on-the-job training and
- Prepare new hires for field
- Ensure company’s core values are supported by personal actions and professional
- Ensure EHS
- Evaluate EHS efforts and suggest modifications to maximize
- Investigate incidents and take actions that will minimize future potential for
- Educate company on relevant EHS
Responsibilities include promoting an incident and injury-free workplace while ensuring EHS compliance according to regulatory agencies such as OSHA, DOT, EPA, etc. as well as customer- and project-specific needs. Must be able to work collaboratively with company management, administrative support, customer safety managers, OSHA representatives, and outsourced safety advisors / trainers.
Work in conjunction with the EHS Manager to coordinate, supervise and maintain a comprehensive company-wide occupational, environmental, health and safety program designed to prevent injury, occupational illness and damage to property.
- 3+ years of direct, full-time EHS experience within the Construction industry (preferably in specialty trades and power generation). Bachelor’s degree in EHS, public health, industrial hygiene or related-field can be substituted in lieu of
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Professional EHS certifications preferred (e.g. CHST, OHST, )
- Position based in Fairfield, NJ but must be willing and able to travel up to 75% to multi- state locations throughout the United States and
- Current TWIC, Driver’s License, and Passport (or ability to obtain within first three months of employment).
- Practical experience with adult learning teaching practices
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to effectively address complex
- Organized and self-motivated with an ability to work independently as well as with cross- functional
- Ability to wear half-face/full-face respirator
- Ability to lift (up to 50 ) as needed
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to drive/operate company vehicle and mobile equipment (e.g. aerial lift, scissor lift, forklift, ) or ability to obtain such credentials within first three months of employment.
Responsibilities may include weekend and/or evening work.
Position subject to background check, drug testing and E-Verify employment eligibility.
Compensation will be based on experience and skills. We offer a competitive salary, holidays, vacation, benefits and 401(k) retirement contributions.
Groome Industrial Service Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veteran
Please apply via e-mail with your resume or stop in to our office to complete an application.
22 Audrey Place
Fairfield, NJ 07004