Industrial Door Mechanic – Technician
In business for over 40 years, GROOME DOOR & MECHANICAL SYSTEMS is a growing company in Fairfield NJ. We provide industrial door services to a variety of markets including local, regional, and international airports, marine terminals, convention centers, and power plants.
The Industrial Door Mechanic – Technician position requires the ability to complete mechanical tasks necessary to perform preventive maintenance, refurbishment, and installation work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Inspect and troubleshoot issues related to the safe operation of industrial door systems.
• Maintain, repair, and install various types of industrial door systems.
• Maintain, repair and install various electrical components of the entry system (motors, gears and associated parts).
• Perform sheet metal and welding work.
• Operate equipment such as jackhammers, drills, saws, aerial lifts, standard and reach fork trucks, etc.
• Take direction from a lead installer/technician.
• Travel required for this position will depend on customer location. Occasional out-of- state projects are expected.
• This position may require some evening or weekend emergency work.
• The ability to lift 25/50/80 pounds regularly
• The ability to wear personal protective gear correctly
• The ability to move safely over uneven terrain
• The ability to safely climb ladders
• The ability to see and respond to dangerous situations
• The ability to respond quickly to sounds
• The ability to work in extreme weather
• High School diploma or GED
• Valid Driver’s License
• At least 2 years of mechanical experience
• Bilingual communication in English/Spanish is a plus
Position subject to background check, drug testing and E-Verify employment eligibility.
Compensation will be based on experience and skills. We offer a competitive salary, holidays, paid time off, benefits and 401(k) retirement contributions.
Groome Door & Mechanical Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veteran
Please apply via e-mail with your resume or stop in to our office to complete an application.
22 Audrey Place
Fairfield, NJ 07004