Senior Foreman Job Description
Groome Door & Mechanical Systems is a growing company that provides industrial door services to a variety of markets including aircraft hangars, marine terminals, convention centers and power plants, to name a few.
The Senior Mechanic/Foreman is required to lead and perform in a variety of trades and specialty skills in the hangar door sector. This includes, but not be limited to:
- Leading a crew on projects
- Performing general construction labor such as demolition and installation of steel structures and general building materials.
- Performing general mechanical work such as maintenance, repair, and replacement of motors, gears, and associated parts.
- Performing the practices of welding, cutting, burning, grinding, and drilling.
- Operating equipment such as power washers, jackhammers, drills, saws, aerial lifts, standard and reach fork trucks
- Completing all paperwork for each job assigned, including Toolbox Meetings, Timesheets, Job Hazard Analysis, etc.
- Communicating with Project Manager on a daily basis
While performing the duties of this job, the senior mechanic/foreman may be required to climb, stand, walk, talk, and listen. The senior mechanic/foreman also is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle, finger, feel and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The physical demand level (PDL) for this position will vary from medium to very heavy, depending on the project assigned. We do not have the ability to limit their assignment to one specific PDL, so it is essential that you’re willing and able to fulfill all demand levels regularly.
- The ability to lift 25/50/80 pounds regularly
- The ability to respond quickly to sounds
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces
- The ability to see and respond to dangerous situations
- The ability to safely climb ladders
- The ability to work in extreme weather
- The ability to wear personal protective gear correctly most of the day
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be moderate to severe.
Work Hours: Shift start and stop times are determined by our customers. There is an expectation that you will be required periodically to work afternoon and/or evening shifts in addition to more traditional day shifts. Availability on the weekend is also required.
Travel: Out of state work for indeterminate time, traveling by air or by car, hotel stay.
We offer a competitive salary, holidays, vacation, benefits and 401K retirement contributions.
Please reply via e-mail with your resume or stop in to our office to complete an application.
22 Audrey Place
Fairfield, NJ 07004
Position subject to background and drug testing.
Groome Door & Mechanical Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer