Groome Industrial Service Group is a growing company located in Fairfield, NJ, providing specialty maintenance services nationwide for several industries including natural gas-fired power generation, shipping, manufacturing, pharmaceutical and aerospace.
Reporting to the Controller, the ideal candidate for Staff Accountant will be responsible for maintaining accurate, complete, and timely accounting information and reporting on income, expenses, assets, liabilities and equity. This is a full-time exempt position.
- Responsible for general ledger reconciliations (including bank reconciliations) and analysis of financial accounts.
- Prepare end-of-month close tasks, including inventory and fixed asset accounting entries.
- Prepare the daily cash position analysis.
- Post cash receipts and related entries.
- Prepare and post journal entries as required.
- Prepare, file and support sales taxes, sales tax exemption certificates, and other related business taxes (franchise, withholding registrations, etc.).
- Ensure that all activities of the department are in accordance with GAAP and that accounting records are maintained accurately and in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Support outside audits.
- Ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Three to five years related experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is preferred.
- Experience with sales taxes preferred.
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving capabilities.
- Adjust easily to change and learns quickly.
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Must have excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written.
- No travel expected.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary based on experience.
Groome Industrial Service Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer